Code of Practice
- Each of the PCS crematoriums offers a dignified cremation or burial facility for companion animals. This may be either directly to the public or through a veterinary practice.
- Each PCS crematorium & cemetery is fully licensed and inspected by their local authority and regional environment agency.
- PCS carry out open, honest and ethical business and will answer all enquiries.
- All PCS cemeteries carry out burials in identifiable plots. Your visiting rights to your pet's grave will be subject to the agreed conditions of the cemetery.
- Any scattering or internment of your pet's ashes at our facilities will be dependent on the license conditions attached to each site by local authority and the regional environment agency.
- Each PCS crematorium will ensure that you the pet owner fully understand the various services that we offer and that you receive the service you request in full.
- In providing either a cremation or burial service PCS ensures that companion animals are treated in a dignified and caring manner whilst in our care.
The following cremation services will be offered by each PCS crematorium.
Individual Cremation Option
Your pet will be cremated alone within a clean enclosed chamber. Following the cremation all of the ashes will be carefully collected before the next cremation can commence. Clients are guaranteed that the ashes they receive or are placed into our memorial garden will be all and only those of their beloved pet.
Standard Communal Cremation Option
A small number of pets will be cremated together. As there is no separation of pets in this process, you will not receive any ashes back from a communal cremation.
For your assurance we are happy to provide a certificate of cremation. Just ask your veterinary practice to request one.